Environmental Laboratory Services
Water and Wastewater
With the underlying concept of “Everything starts with measurement”, analysis helps to assess the quality of water, which is very important to know, as it has crucial and long-lasting health effects. Our testing laboratory is equipped to perform physical and chemical analysis of water and wastewater as per national and international standard specifications and provides a complete range of services for organic and inorganic analysis, using classical wet chemistry as well as advanced instrumental analytical techniques.
Water analysis is a very important strategic tool for optimum operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment facilities such as WTP, STP, ETP, RO, NANO, UF and DM. Our sampling teams are well trained and fully equipped for collection of high-quality field samples to obtain technically accurate results. By testing at our own NABL licensed facility, and with a great emphasis on quality control and sample integrity, customer receives accurate results in a timely manner for all their environmental related services in Chennai as mentioned below.
The below are some of the regulatory body standards and its requirements
- Standard for Discharge of Trade Effluent as per TNPCB B.P. Ms. No. 30 Dt. 21.02.1984
- Parameters to be Analysed for the Industrial Effluent Samples as per TNPCB Circular Memo No. 177/DDL/TNPCB/MDS/94 Dt. 24.3.94
- Core Parameters to be Analysed for the Industrial Effluent Samples as per TNPCB Circular Memo No. 177/DDL/TNPCB/MDS/94 Dt. 24.3.94
- Standards for Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) NGT (PB) Order dated 30.04.2019 in O.A. No. 1069/2018
- Drinking Water as per IS 10500:2012
- Packaged Drinking Water as per IS 14543:2014
- Packaged Natural Mineral Water as per IS 13428:2005
- Swimming Pool Water as per IS 3328:1993, RA 2008
- Reagent Grade Water as per IS 1070:1992, RA 2003
- Irrigation Water as per IS 2296:1982
- Water for Storage Batteries as per IS 1069:1993, RA 2008
- Construction Water as per IS 456:2000
- Food Processing Water as per IS 4251:1967, RA 2009
- Feed Water as per IS 10496:1983, RA 2012
- Boiler Water as per IS 10496:1983, RA 2012
- Condensate Water as per IS 10496:1983, RA 2012
- Ice Manufacture Condensate Water as per IS 3957:1966, RA 1989
- Iodine Adsorption value of Activated Carbon (Granular) as per IS 2752:1995 RA 2010
Laboratory receives water and wastewater samples for analysis along with duly filled Sample Collection Data Sheet.
Analysis Parameters List and Sample Collection Data Sheet can be download here.
The environment in urbanized areas is often contaminated with a complex mixture of toxic compounds like polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs), polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDFs) and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls (dioxins like PCBs). They are structurally related chemicals and persist in the environment and accumulate in organisms. They are often collectively referred to as “dioxins” because of their similar structures, chemical properties and mechanism of action in biological systems.
Most widely used method to determine the dioxin concentrations are as follows:
1. Analytical Method:
High-Resolution Gas Chromatography-High Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRGC-HRMS)
2. Screening Method:
CALUX Bioassay- This is a reporter gene assay, which detects dioxin and dioxin-like compounds based on their activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR), which increases expression of the luciferase reporter gene.
Approved as an Official Method
- EU Directive in 2002.
- Ministry of the Environment, Japan 2005.
- EPA Method 4435 in 2007.
- Japanese Industrial Standard Method – JIS K0463 in 2009.
- Taiwan EPA Soil Standard Screening Method NIEA S90160B in 2010.
Merits of HighLux Bioassay
- High precision, short turn-around and inexpensive.
- Faster and cheaper than traditional method (HRGC/HRMS).
- HighLux Bioassay can be used for Dioxin screening of wide variety of environmental matrices such as soil, sediment, ash, water, exhaust gas as well as low concentration matrix such as food/biological samples.